|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Update: This offer has expired.
The $500 signup bonus on the SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card from American Express has returned. Here’s more about the minimum spend requirement and the card’s bonus categories.
- Earn a $250 statement credit after you spend $5,000 in qualifying purchases on your Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership. Plus, earn an additional $250 statement credit after you spend an additional $10,000 or more in qualifying purchases on your Card within the first year of Card Membership.
- Link to increased signup
- Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
- Annual Fee: $0. And no annual fee for each additional SimplyCash® Plus Employee Card.
- Earn 5% at U.S. office supply stores and on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers.
- Earn 3% on the category of your choice from this list of eight:
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- Hotel rooms purchased directly from hotels
- Car rentals purchased from select car rental companies
- U.S. gas stations
- U.S. restaurants
- U.S. purchases for advertising on select media
- U.S. purchases for shipping
- U.S. computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers
- Earn 1% on other purchases.
- 5% and 3% apply to the first $50,000 in purchases per calendar year, then 1% applies thereafter. Cash back earned is automatically credited to your statement.
This increased signup bonus has a steep $15,000 spend requirement in order to earn the $500 cashback. The bonus therefore represents a 3.33% return in addition to the standard cashback you’d earn while spending the $15,000.
Despite having a high minimum spend, a $500 cash bonus is very unusual on a credit card with no annual fee. As a business card, it won’t be included as part of your 5/24 count with Chase. Add the 5% at office supply stores and access to Amex Offers and this card can prove to be an attractive option if you can fulfill that minimum spend requirement.
Don’t forget though that American Express is paying a lot more attention to how customers are meeting their minimum spends.