SoFi and JetBlue are offering a partnership whereby you can refinance student loans with SoFi and get up to 50,000 TrueBlue points.
- 1 JetBlue TrueBlue point for every $2 refinanced
- Maximum of 50,000 TrueBlue points (would require $100,000 refinanced)
- Eligible for new student loan refinance customers only
- Must register/apply through the landing page sofi.com/jetblue
- Once conditions are met and the loan has been disbursed, you will receive your TrueBlue points within 90 days.
I have no direct experience with SoFi, but according to the comments on the subreddit, their best advertised rates require top-tier credit and income. That said, if you meet the criteria, this could be a pretty good deal. According to our Reasonable Redemption Values, 50,000 TrueBlue points are worth approximately $730. There are apparently regular referral offers available worth around $300 for refinancing through SoFi (or up to $500 from organizations to which you may belong), but the value of the TrueBlue points can eclipse those offers if you have a sizable amount to refinance. Be aware that if you have federal loans with benefits like income-based payments, I believe you will lose those benefits in a refinance with SoFi. But if you have private loans with high interest rates and you have good credit, this could save you interest in the long run and earn you some miles.