|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Avianca LifeMiles is offering an award ticket sale for flights to Asia on Star Alliance carriers, with business class available for 64K one way. This of course means that there are also some interesting mixed-cabin opportunities to potentially fly to Asia in business class for even fewer miles and/or add connections for just a little bit more if you’re willing to take the connection in economy class.
- LifeMiles is having an award ticket sale for Star Alliance routes to and within Asia
- Direct link to this promotion
- Redemption dates: between May 14th to June 19th, 2019.
- Applicable taxes are not included and must be paid when making the redemption.
- A service fee per ticket is charged for redemptions made on Avianca Call Centers LifeMiles.com and must be paid at the time of the redemption. Redemption fee from $ 25 up to $ 80 + taxes, depending on the route redeemed, plus a late redemption fee of $ 40 + taxes also applies, if the ticket redemption is made 14 or less days prior to departure.
- Seats are limited, and may not be available on all flights and/or dates.
- Subject to availability of Class X, Class O and Class I.
- Only valid for flights on STAR ALLIANCE airlines.
- Date changes are permitted with the respective service charge.
- In case of cancellation, mileage, and the amount paid in cash or credit card are refundable subject to the terms and conditions of the LifeMiles Program and by paying the respective fee.
- You can purchase LifeMiles to reach the total mileage required for each route of this promotion.
- Tickets redeemed cannot be transferred to others.
- See promotion page for full details.
This sale includes several business class routes to and from the United states for 64K one-way, including the following routes (and their reverse journeys in most cases):
- Chicago to Taipei
- Houston to Taipei
- Los Angeles to Hong Kong
- Los Angeles to Seoul Incheon
- Los Angeles to Shanghai
- Los Angeles to Taipei
- San Francisco to Hong Kong
- Seattle to Taipei
You can see the full list on the promotion page by clicking the link in small font that says “review here” next to: See flights with discounts. You’ll find that on the promotion page here.
For example, here’s EVA from Seattle to Taipei next March for 64K miles in business class.
That’s a pretty good deal for what is widely regarded as an excellent business class product from EVA.
However, that just made me curios if we could play with it a bit and save some miles (See: Avianca LifeMiles’ awesome mixed-cabin award pricing: first class for less.). It also conjured thoughts of The secret LifeMiles award chart.
I didn’t immediately find too much to write home about with mixed-cabin awards, but I did find some decent enough deals with a little searching. For example, here is Seattle to Bangkok: either fly in ANA business class from Seattle to Tokyo and then on to Bangkok in Thai economy class for 56,230 total miles. You could alternatively take the same EVA business class flight to Taipei and continue on in Thai Airways economy for 67,100 miles total (just 3,100 miles on top of the price for Seattle to Taipei).
Keep in mind that this sale requires you to book by June 19, 2019, but you can travel any time through the end of the schedule. Of course availability will vary by route and date, but if you’re looking to get to Asia in the coming months, this is worth a look.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Last updated on June 22nd, 2019