LifeMiles and Booking.com are partnering to offer 6x LifeMiles per dollar spent on bookings made from August 1, 2019 to September 30, 2019 when you use their co-branded booking portal.
- LifeMiles and Booking.com are offering 6x LifeMiles per dollar spent on bookings made between August 1, 2019 and September 30, 2019
- Direct link to this offer
- The promotion Earn LM 6 per dollar is valid for reservations booked between August 1, 2019 and September 30, 2019.
- Only reservations booked through LifeMiles and Booking.com alliance website will earn LifeMiles by clicking here. The LifeMiles number must be included during the booking process.
- The miles to be accrued, as the result of the actual stay at a property will be calculated according to the accommodation total fare excluding taxes.
- A member cannot change bookings made through other channels/sites to add their LifeMiles membership number and earn miles.
- The Process to earn LifeMiles as a result of booking the accommodation with Booking.com may take up to 10 weeks after the checked-out at the property. If the member requires assistance or would like to report miles which have not been credited after this period, they could contact Booking.com customer service at email@example.com
- It is the customer’s responsibility to correctly identify and add their LifeMiles membership number. In the event, the LifeMiles membership number is typed in incorrectly or the client does not fill their LifeMiles number in the designated fields during the booking flow LifeMiles and Booking.com will not be responsible for the accrual of the calculated miles.
- To earn the miles the members must stay at the properties according to the terms of the reservation. The miles will be accrued only if the stay is completed as reserved. No miles will be accumulated on canceled or incomplete reservations.
- Promotion does not apply retroactively, that is, for reservations made before August 1, 2019.
- It is not common but in some cases, the members will need to provide proof of accommodation. For this purpose, we encourage all members to keep their payment voucher, bank statement or accommodation invoice in order to correctly prove their stay and ask for the accrual of the miles earned.
- See promotion page for full terms (click the “Rules for Accrual” at the top right of the page linked under “The Deal”)
As is always the case with promotions like this, you should shop around to be sure you’re getting the best deal.
I expected that prices through Booking.com would likely be inflated since this is a LifeMiles-specific version of the booking portal. And my first couple of searches suggested that it was indeed a couple percent more expensive than the same hotels through Hotels.com. However, as I looked at more properties I realized that there were in fact some properties that were available for the same price through either site.
Of course, if prices are the same, you’d probably do better by purchasing discounted Hotels.com gift cards and collecting Hotels.com Welcome Rewards. On the other hand, maybe you’ll find a deal that’s better at Booking.com — and if that’s the case, earning 6x LifeMiles could be a pretty good return.
Note that the terms indicate that you need to stay in order to collect miles and that proof of stay may be required, so hang on to your receipts.