|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
The American Airlines AAdvantage shopping portal is offering 9x miles on IHG bookings today. If you value AA miles, that’s an excellent return on your bookings. Keep in mind that clicking through the AA portal takes you to the IHG site, so you’ll be booking directly and can earn points, elite credit, etc — and that’s true whether you book a prepaid rate or a flexible rate that you pay at the hotel.
- The American Airlines AAdvantage shopping portal is offering 9x miles on IHG bookings today
- Direct link to this deal
- Not eligible until reservations have been fulfilled.
- Specialty rates such as corporate, negotiated rates, and IHG Friends & Family are not eligible for Rewards.
- Rooms booked and paid for by IHG reward Club Points are not eligible.
- Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on [the shopping portal] site.
- Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates or any other similar cash equivalents.
- Purchases made with a gift card may be ineligible.
I hadn’t initially noticed this on CashBackMonitor today because, oddly, American Airlines is offering different payouts by chain if you look at individual chain pages (i.e. 5x InterContinental, 6x Holiday Inn, etc). However, they have a separate 9x offer for IHG that should cover any of the brands and offer more miles per dollar.
The nice thing about booking through a portal like Retailmenot is that you’re taken directly to the hotel website to complete your booking, so your stay should qualify for all the usual benefits (loyalty points, elite benefits, elite credit, etc).
Note that while portal terms exclude “specialty rates”, either I or members of my family have earned miles on rates like the AAA rate and government rate through the AA portal before on stays with various chains.
Unfortunately, there is no way to apply this to a previous booking; you would need to cancel your existing booking and re-book by first clicking through the AA portal today (though you’ll of course want to check to make sure rates haven’t increased). Rewards earned on hotel stays usually post a few weeks after a stay is completed.
If you have paid bookings to make, this is a solid return if you value AA miles. With some recent interesting AA flash sales, it could be well worth it.