|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Just as Alaska Airlines announced yesterday, American Airlines has now launched a “Mystery Bonus” offer for shopping through the AAdvantage eShopping portal. My “mystery bonus” was 500 miles for $125 in purchases and I expect that is the standard offer here. Note that the dates overlap some but are not the same as the Alaska bonus.
- American Airlines AAdvantage eShopping is offering a “Mystery Bonus”. Shown above was my offer (500 bonus miles for $125 in cumulative purchases from 4/14 to 4/20/20).
- Direct link to check your offer
- During the “Mystery Bonus” offer, which runs from 4/14/20 through 4/20/20 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”), Member will earn a one-time bonus of 500 AAdvantage® miles on qualifying purchases, in addition to the standard AAdvantage® miles earned from shopping online through the AAdvantage eShoppingSM mall.
- This one-time bonus award will be determined based on Member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period: Earn 500 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $125 or more.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus miles.
- Please see the AAdvantage eShoppingSM mall site for details on product eligibility and other restrictions.
- Please allow up to 10 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus miles to post to your AAdvantage eShoppingSM account. Void where prohibited by law.
Just the same as the Alaska bonus yesterday, this might be worth it if you’re already making a purchase anyway, but 500 miles wouldn’t entice me to look for a purchase to make. Just keep in mind when you’re comparing portal payouts that this works out to an extra 4x miles if you make purchases totaling exactly $125.