|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
If you’re needing to fly to or within Canada in the next few months, Aeroplan has launched a great new promotion which is offering a 50% rebate when booking award flights in the US and Canada that are operated by Air Canada.
- Receive a 50% miles rebate when booking award flights within the US and Canada with Aeroplan.
- Direct link to offer.
- You must be an Aeroplan Member. If you are not an Aeroplan Member, you can visit the Aeroplan web site (www.aeroplan.com) and enroll today. Membership is free.
- Only valid on eligible scheduled flights within Canada and between Canada and the US, operated by Air Canada for travel between July 1st 2020 and completed by October 15th 2020.
- Applies only to new bookings made between June 17th 2020 and July 1st 2020 at 19:59 pm EDT with travel starting July 1st 2020 and completed by October 15th 2020.
- All flights on the reward itinerary must be flown on routes within Canada or between Canada and the US, on Air Canada operated flights including flights operated by Air Canada Rouge® and the Air Canada Express® banner (Jazz Aviation LP, Sky Regional Airlines Inc., or Exploits Valley Air Services LTD).
- Aeroplan Miles will be credited back to your account within three weeks after the qualifying flights are completed.
- Applies to one‑way or two‑way fixed mileage and market fare flight rewards. Not applicable to Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, AC Bid Upgrades or when members use their miles to pay for the taxes, fees and surcharges associated with their flight reward.
- Flight rewards are subject to availability at time of booking. Taxes, fees, charges and carrier surcharges apply.
- Flights are subject to Aeroplan Flight Rewards terms and conditions.
- Offer is subject to change at Aeroplan’s sole discretion, without notice. Other conditions and restrictions may apply.
Receiving a 50% rebate on award flights is an excellent deal as it makes the price of a round trip the same as a one-way.
Seeing as this offer is only available on flights in Canada and between the US and Canada, here’s the pertinent section of their award chart:
Those prices are for round trip travel. That means you can book a round trip economy short-haul flight for a net cost of only 7,500 miles.
The fact that it’s a rebate makes it slightly more inconvenient than if they simply priced the awards at half-price in the first place. That’s because you need enough miles in your Aeroplan account to make the initial booking, then you’ll receive half those miles back in a few weeks. Aeroplan miles expire after 12 months, so you’ll need to ensure you have qualifying activity within a year to stop the rebated miles from expiring.
One of the key terms to note from this promotion is that the rebate is only provided when booking flights operated by Air Canada in Canada and the US. That therefore means you won’t receive the rebate on other Star Alliance flights such as those operated by United.
This promotion should be showing on the Aeroplan website tomorrow and existing Aeroplan members will also receive an email about the offer.