|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Air France is offering a holiday gift card promotion through December 2nd or while supplies last. They have a count-down as to how many promo gift cards are left and at the time of writing, there are only 318 left, so I imagine this may end today. The deal is that you spend $150 or more on an Air France gift card and get a $30 bonus added to it.
- Put $150 or more on an Air France gift card and the airline will automatically add $30 ($150 for $180 = 16.67% discount)
- Direct link to this promotion
- Order until December 2nd, 2018 or while supplies last (likely to end today, 11/26 if I’m betting)
- Limited to 1 per person (same first name, last name, and e-mail address)
- Gift Card may be used to purchase any ticket an Air France, KLM, Joon or HOP! flight number.
- Gift Card may also be used to purchase Paid Options, such as a Baggage Option, Seat Option, Upgrade and Meal Options, on the airfrance.com website, by telephone or in a travel agency, subject to these points of sale accepting the Card.
- Up to two Gift Cards may be used by one person, and three per booking
- Full terms
- Update: The “full terms” above says in #8 that gift cards do not expire, but at the bottom of the promotion page reader Rocco points out that it says, “Nominative and valid for 1 year from the date of issue. Non-refundable and cannot be transferred.”. I guess I’d assume the more restrictive terms apply here.
It’s not easy to get a 16.67% discount on international flights, so this promo looks solid to me. Keep in mind that you’re limited to buying 1 per person (same name / email address). It also says up to two gift cards may be used by one person and three per booking. I’m not sure what that means practically speaking — can you use three as long as you’re flying with someone else? Does the third gift card have to be in his/her name? I’m not really sure. At the very least, it sounds like you ought to be able to buy one for yourself and have someone else buy one for you and use those two together to get $360 towards a flight for $300. That’s enough for round trip flights to Europe in economy class during low season. Getting that kind of discount looks great.
Whether or not these can be used for award fees isn’t totally clear to me. Based on my reading of the terms, I think they should work for that, but I’m not sure I’d pay $150 to find out.
On the other hand, the terms state that gift cards don’t expire, so maybe some will find it worth the risk. Update: As pointed out by reader Rocco, there is disagreement in the terms. The promotion page says, “Nominative and valid for 1 year from the date of issue. Non-refundable and cannot be transferred.” The full terms page says in #8 that gift cards do not expire. YMMV.
Either way, I suggest you don’t wait long if you intend to take advantage as there just aren’t many available.
Last updated on December 1st, 2018