All three major airline alliances are having very cheap fares sales to Europe. Sales are from dozens of U.S. cities to dozens of cities within Europe. Depending on the route you can find fares for around $400 roundtrip on United, American, Delta and their partners.
Since these are published fares, you should be able to book them with your favorite points currencies. As a reminder:
- Citi Prestige cardholders can book American Airlines flights for 1.6 cents per point.
- Citi Prestige cardholders can book other flights for 1.33 cents per point.
- Citi ThankYou Premier cardholders can book flights for 1.25 cents per point.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred cardholders can book flights for 1.25 cents per point.
- Sapphire Reserve cardholders can book flights for 1.5 cents per point.
- Any flight under $400 can be booked with 20,000 FlexPoints
- Get a 50% rebate on Membership Rewards points on your chosen airline with the Amex Business Platinum.
Need to Know
- Search on ITA Matrix or Google Flights
- Dates are mostly through May, 2017 although some cities go through next Fall.
- Open jaws seem to work for about the same price depending on the city combination.
- Most airlines will give you 24 hours to cancel as long as the flight is more than 7 days away.