|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Second Update 9/16/20: Following some comments below of people having a hard time using this promo, I tested this out for myself. I couldn’t get the promo code to work when only booking a ticket for one person, but it did work when booking for two people. It therefore seems like the promotion might have had a glitch last time where it worked when booking tickets for only one person, but they’ve fixed that to enforce the two person requirement.
Update 9/16/20: Alaska Airlines revived this promotion yesterday and it’s due to end tonight (September 16).
As with last time, you don’t have to actually book flights for two people in order to take advantage of the promotion. Instead, it deducts 50% from the base fare – even for only one person. As per NK3’s comment below, the promo code has changed to GETYOURROW.
Update 8/9/20: When writing about this deal, I’d noticed that it was taking 50% off the cost of two tickets. What I hadn’t realized is that the promo code works when booking for only one person and results in a discount of 50% off the base fare.
Thanks to Bruce in the Frequent Miler Insiders Facebook group for a heads up about this feature.
Alaska Airlines has come out with a great new offer if you need to travel with someone else in the next couple of months on a route they serve. When buying one ticket, you get the second for only the taxes and fees, plus you’ll get the entire row to yourself seeing as they’re currently blocking the middle seat.
- Buy 1 coach class ticket on Alaska Airlines & get 2nd ticket for just the taxes & fees when using promo code
- Discount code must be applied towards purchase of ticket by 11:59 pm PT on
August 9, 2020September 16, 2020.
- Travel is valid now through October 31, 2020.
- Buy one coach class ticket at the regular price and get a second ticket on the same flight for just the taxes and fees. Discount code is valid for 50% off Main base fare levels published at alaskaair.com. Valid for itineraries with exactly two people, traveling together and booked and ticketed at the same time in the same reservation and at the same fare; valid for one-way or round-trip travel. Not valid on Saver or First Class fares.
- Discount code is valid between all Alaska Airlines cities, excluding Prudhoe Bay (SCC). Not all flights operate on all days. Discount does not apply to government-imposed taxes and airport fees. Cannot be combined with other promotions.
- Travel to Hawaii or Mexico is valid Sunday through Thursday, travel from Hawaii or Mexico is valid Monday through Friday, and travel between all other cities is valid Monday through Thursday, and Saturday.
- Valid for new ticket purchases only. If the itinerary is canceled or changed, any refund or credit issued will be for the discounted price for each ticket.
Alaska Airlines is blocking middle seats through October 31, 2020. That means that taking advantage of this promotion gets you an entire row to yourselves while only having to pay just over half the cost of two tickets for the benefit.
Pre-COVID, that would’ve been a screaming deal. Things are obviously different right now though which is why Alaska is trying to entice people back on board with a promotion such as this. I’m not planning on taking a flight any time in the near future, but if you want/need to fly in the next 2.5 months and can book by tomorrow (August 9), this is still a great deal if Alaska serves the route you’d fly on.
Alaska Airlines is still waiving cancellation and change fees for any flights booked by September 8, so that adds some flexibility. Just be aware that if you cancel the flight you won’t receive a refund to your credit card; instead, they’ll either deposit the funds into your ‘My Account’ wallet or issue a credit certificate for future travel.