|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
If you live in San Jose, Alaska Airlines is offering you the chance to get a code for BOGO flights. It means you’ll have to go to a San Jose Sharks game and travel dates are somewhat limited, but it’s a fairly good deal if you can take advantage of the promotion.
- Attend the San Jose Sharks v New York Devils NHL game on February 27, 2020 & get a voucher for 2-for-1 flights.
- Direct link to offer.
- Your authorization code must be claimed and tickets must be purchased by March 1, 2020 by 11:59 pm PST.
- Travel is valid from April 21 – June 10, 2020.
- Buy one coach class ticket at the regular price and get a second ticket for just the taxes. Discount code is valid for 50% off coach base fare levels published at alaskaair.com.
- Valid for itineraries with exactly two people, traveling together and booked and ticketed at the same time in the same reservation and at the same fare; valid for one-way or round-trip travel.
- If the itinerary is canceled or changed, any refund or credit issued will be for the discounted price for each ticket.
- Discount code is valid from San Jose (SJC) to any Alaska Airlines city (excluding Prudhoe Bay).
- Discount does not apply to government imposed taxes and airport fees.
- Cannot be combined with other promotions.
- Travel is valid from April 21, 2020 – June 10, 2020.
- Travel to Hawaii, Mexico, or Costa Rica is valid Sundays through Wednesdays.
- Travel from Hawaii, Mexico, or Costa Rica is valid Tuesdays through Fridays.
- All other travel is valid Monday through Thursday and Saturdays.
- Valid for new ticket purchases only.
- Campaign ID: EC6588
OK, so this is clearly a niche deal that most people won’t be able to take advantage of. However, San Jose has a population of ~1 million and the SAP Center has a capacity of ~17,500 for Sharks games, so that’s still a decent number of people that’ll get BOGO vouchers.
The biggest downside is all the restrictions. You have to first attend the game on February 27, then you have to book the tickets within a few days. Travel is restricted to a period of 7.5 weeks and the days of the week you can travel vary depending on where you’ll be traveling to and from. Flights must also originate in San Jose, so it’s not like people around the country can take advantage of the voucher if they happen to know someone attending the game. Still, if you live in San Jose and can get a voucher, this could save you a few hundred bucks on flights.