|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Amazon.com is offering $15 off of $50 or more when you redeem at least 1 Citi ThankYou point toward the purchase. This offer is likely somewhat targeted, but it only takes a few seconds to click and activate if you are targeted.
- Save $15 off of $50 or more at Amazon.com when you use at least 1 Citi ThankYou point if targeted
- Direct link to see if you are targeted and activate this promotion (our affiliate link)
- This promotion starts at 12:00am PST on August 1, 2019 and ends on the earlier of (i) at 11:59pm PST on 12/31/2019, or (ii) when 31,096 offers have been redeemed, or (iii) when Amazon elects to end the promotion. <–Note the past dates but that this hasn’t ended / new people seem to be targeted.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (Look for “sold by Amazon.com” or “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Offer applies only to the purchase of items made with an eligible Citi Card, where ThankYou Points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is activated. When you click on the ‘Click to activate’ button your Citi ThankYou Points will be temporarily set as default payment method at checkout for a duration of six hours, unless you manually update your payment option. The promotion remains valid even after the temporary default setting lapses, until the end of the promotion period.
- Offer does not apply to digital content.
- Products must be purchased in a single order with the same method of shipment to a single address. Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted promotional items.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $15.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order. If any of the items in your order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than $15.00.
- Promotional discount may not be redeemed for Amazon.com Gift Cards.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
This is a nice discount if you can spare a Citi ThankYou point. You’ll only want to use one point as the value for points is poor.
Keep in mind that the discount will only work on items shipped and sold by Amazon. Items from third-party vendors, even if fulfilled by Amazon, will not count.
My one hesitation with these offers is the risk of having your account hacked and points drained. I keep a Chase account with only a few points in it tied to my Amazon account so that my main balance of Chase points can’t be wiped out. If you have your Citi points pooled, I don’t imagine you can avoid having your entire stash of points exposed. For those who already have it connected though, you might as well save your fifteen bucks.
I don’t think I was targeted when this promotion originally came out last year, but I was able to activate it just now, so it’s worth taking a look to see if you are targeted. While the official dates ended in December, it seems that Amazon has elected to extend this either because the maximum number of discounts was not reached or they wanted to target a new group.