Amazon and Chase are once again partnering up to offer $15 off $60+ when you check out using at least 1 Chase Ultimate Rewards point to pay for your purchase. You definitely do not want to use more than 1 point, but it’s worthwhile to check for this promo since it can be an easy way to save on anything Amazon sells, including many popular third-party gift cards.
- Get $15 off of $60 when paying with at least 1 Chase Ultimate Rewards point [Targeted]
- Direct link to link see if you are targeted
- This promotion starts at 12:00 am PST on November 22nd, 2018 and ends on the earlier of (i) at 11:59pm PST on 07/03/2019, or (ii) when 104,666 offers have been redeemed, or (iii) when Amazon elects to end the promotion.
Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer while supplies last (Note: Despite the start date in November, I had previously used this offer at that time and it shows I am eligible again, so it’s worth checking)
- Coupon is only valid on items shipped & sold by Amazon (no third party merchants)
- Must link your Ultimate Rewards-earning credit card and pay with at least one point
- Terms state you must pay the balance with your Chase Rewards card
- See the page linked above for more terms
This is a good promotion if you’re eligible. Amazon obviously stocks a wide range of daily necessities. What’s more, they sell a wide range of third-party gift cards which should be eligible for this promotion. Note that this promo will not work on Amazon gift cards, but should work on both physical and virtual third-party cards sold by Amazon. For example, you could choose your own denomination on an AirBnB email delivery gift card, buying a $60 card for $44.99 + 1 Ultimate Rewards point:
Note that the terms say that this deal started on November 22nd, 2018. I used the promo a few days after that and I still saw the activation button today. When I clicked the button, I thought that perhaps I wasn’t eligible after all since I received this message:
However, I went ahead and added the AirBnB gift card to my cart as shown above and at checkout it automatically applied points. Don’t forget to adjust that to $0.01 in points.
You might notice in the screen grab above that I only have 6 Chase points available. That’s because I keep a UR card that is nearly empty of points associated with Amazon for promos like this. That way, if someone were to hack my Amazon account, they (hopefully) will not be able to apply my entire Ultimate Rewards balance to an order.
Overall, it’s great to see this promo return. It’s worth seeing if you’re eligible and activating/using this one on something that will save you money.
H/T: Doctor of Credit