Last year we saw Amazon running several deals that offered discounts when redeeming 1 credit card point, including Amex Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Discover and Citi ThankYou.
Amazon has launched a new promotion that’s similar to past ones, offering $10 or $20 off when paying for your $50+ order with at least 1 Discover point. This is a targeted promotion, but it might be possible to get yourself targeted.
- Save $10 or $20 when spending $50+ on items sold & shipped by Amazon when paying with at least 1 Discover point.
- Direct link to activation (our affiliate link).
- Direct link to enroll in Pay With Cashback Bonus (our affiliate link).
- This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end on the earlier of (a) 11:59 PT on 3/31/2020, or (b) the time at which 75,000 customers have redeemed the offer. The promotion button will expire concurrently.
- Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to the purchase of at least $50 of eligible products, where Cashback Bonus is used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion is applied at checkout.
- Offer only applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if they are “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $20 per eligible Cashback Bonus enrolled card per one account
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Offer does not apply to purchase of digital content.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than $20.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the amount charged to your card first, followed by Cashback Bonus.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible Cashback Bonus card issued in United States.
- Promotional credit is applied before taxes and fees.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
While not as great as the Amazon/Membership Rewards offers that give 20% off on up to $250, saving 20-40% on $50 is still a nice deal, especially seeing as it works on third party gift cards.
If you click on the activation link above and it says that you’re not eligible for this offer, it might still be possible to get yourself targeted. It said I wasn’t eligible a few days ago, but by completing the following steps I was able to get the activation link to show up for me today. It therefore seems like it takes a few days for it to work, so don’t be discouraged if it doesn’t work immediately.
Here’s what I did:
- Delete all Discover cards as payment options in your Amazon account.
- Add at least one Discover card back on.
- Re-enroll in Pay with Cashback Bonus (our affiliate link).
- Try activating the offer again (our affiliate link).
- As mentioned above, if that doesn’t work immediately then try it every day for the next few days.
Although it only took three days for it to work for me this time, in the past it’s taken closer to a week before I was able to activate a similar offer.
If you’re planning on buying regular merchandise rather than gift cards, note that the items have to be shipped and sold by Amazon in order for the discount to be taken. Also, don’t use more than one Discover point when paying as using more than that can be poor value.