LuckyRewards (a cash back site I’ve never heard of before) is now offering 4% cash back for American Express gift cards. For better or worse, LuckyRewards is powered by Cartera Commerce so if you have luck at other Cartera sites (such as most airline mile portals and Barclaycard RewardsBoost, for example), I expect this experience will be similar. LuckyRewards gives you the option of receiving cash back once per quarter in the form of a check or Visa gift card.
Here are the current best portal rates for Amex gift cards:
- Barclaycard RewardsBoost 4X (Requires Arrival card)
- Lucky Rewards: 4% Cash Back
- Alaska MileagePlanShopping 3X
- Delta SkyMiles Shopping 3X
- BeFrugal: 3% Cash Back
And, here codes to try for removing gift card fees other than shipping costs:
Please read: Everything you ever wanted to know about Amex gift cards. And, if you still have questions, please ask via the comments of that post so that we can keep information about Amex gift cards in one place.
- The Barclaycard RewardsBoost rebate is in addition to your credit card rewards. So, when that portal offers 4X and you pay with the 2X-earning Arrival card, you’ll earn a total of 6X (worth 6.6% towards travel).
- Amex gift cards do not have PINs. They cannot be used to load Bluebird cards.
- Some credit card companies charge cash advance fees when purchasing these online. Please read Everything you ever wanted to know about Amex gift cards for details.
- Portals often state that using codes not found on their site will invalidate cash back / miles earned. This has not been my experience. I use codes for free gift cards every time. Try SYNCGIFT, for example.
- Some portals restrict the top card amount to $500. You can easily circumvent this by logging into your Amex account (after clicking through from the portal) and then you’ll see values up to $3000. Yes, you should still get cash back or miles (that has been my experience).
- Cash back can take several months to go from pending to payable.
- Miles often take several weeks or even a month or more to post, but then appear immediately in your mileage account.
- Everything you ever wanted to know about Amex gift cards
- How to Spend Down Amex Gift Cards
- How to buy $500 Visa gift cards online with Amex gift cards
- Links to sign up for cash back portals (and other things), can be found here.
Never miss a Quick Deal. Subscribe here.