BeFrugal is once again offering 3% cash back for Amex gift cards.
Don’t use promo codes: Keep in mind that you won’t get cash back if you use a promo code to waive card or shipping fees. It is OK to get free shipping with their premium shipping plan, though.
Don’t use Citi cards: Also remember: do not pay with Citibank cards since they’ll charge a cash advance fee!
Please read: Everything you ever wanted to know about Amex gift cards. And, if you still have questions, please ask via the comments of that post so that we can keep information about Amex gift cards in one place.
- Portals no longer pay out when using a promo code to waive shipping or card fees. Best bet is pay the card fee and subscribe to premium shipping for free delivery.
- Amex gift cards do not have PINs. They cannot be used to load Bluebird cards.
- Some credit card companies charge cash advance fees when purchasing these online. Please read Everything you ever wanted to know about Amex gift cards for details.
- Some portals restrict the top card amount to $500. You can easily circumvent this by logging into your Amex account (after clicking through from the portal) and then you’ll see values up to $3000. Yes, you should still get cash back or miles (that has been my experience).
- Cash back can take several months to go from pending to payable.
- Miles often take several weeks or even a month or more to post, but then appear immediately in your mileage account.
- Everything you ever wanted to know about Amex gift cards
- How to Spend Down Amex Gift Cards
- How to buy $500 Visa gift cards online with Amex gift cards
- Links to sign up for cash back portals (and other things), can be found here.
Never miss a Quick Deal. Subscribe here.