American Express has recently been more aggressive with targeting current cardholders for offers. For example, several people have recently been targeted with sign-up and upgrade offers in the “Amex Offer and Benefits” section of the website.
We have received reports of the following offers being available:
- Upgrade various business cards to the Business Platinum and receive 50,000 Membership Rewards points after $10K spend in 5 months
- Sign-up for the Amex SimplyCash Plus business card and earn $1,000 if you spend $10K in the first 3 months or $500 if you spend $5K in the first 3 months.
See If You Are Targeted
To see if you are targeted:
- Login to your American Express account.
- Go to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section for each card under your login. (Each card has its own offers.)
Need to Know
- You are eligible to receive the bonus on the Business Platinum upgrade even if you have had the card before.
- If you have never had the Business Platinum and you upgrade, then you will not be able to get a sign-up bonus for it in the future.
- When upgrading, the annual fee is prorated until the end of the current cardmember year.
Last updated on December 31st, 2019