|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
American Express is offering card members a 30% bonus when transferring from Membership Rewards to Marriott Bonvoy. With the 30% bonus, 1,000 Membership Rewards points will result in 1,300 Marriott Bonvoy points.
- 30% transfer bonus when transferring Amex Membership Rewards points to Marriott Bonvoy.
- I believe this offer is open to everyone with Membership Rewards points, but please let us know if the offer doesn’t appear on your account.
- Expires 10/31/2019.
- Must transfer in 1,000 point increments
Even with the transfer bonus, I wouldn’t recommend transferring Membership Rewards points to Marriott in most situations since Amex points are usually much more valuable for transferring one to one to airline miles. That said, if you have a high value Marriott award in mind, it could make sense. Also, you could use this bonus to indirectly convert Membership Rewards to airline miles that are not directly supported by Amex. For example, with the 30% bonus, you could indirectly transfer 47K Membership Rewards points into 25K Turkish, Asiana, or Alaska miles as follows:
- Transfer 47K Membership Rewards to 61K Marriott Bonvoy (30% bonus), then:
- Transfer 60K Marriott Bonvoy to 25K Turkish, Asiana, or Alaska miles
Is that a good deal? With Turkish, in particular, it could be. Consider that it’s possible to book one-way United awards to Hawaii for only 7.5K Turkish miles. 25K Turkish miles would be more than enough to fly 3 people one-way to Hawaii! That said, you could also transfer 52,500 Amex points to Singapore Airlines in order to book 3 one-way United flights to Hawaii (at 17.5K each). Personally, I think it’s worth the extra few Amex points to avoid the headaches involved in booking Turkish awards.
Last updated on November 2nd, 2019