|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
There’s a new Amex Offer that’s offering $100 back when spending $600 on a prepaid hotel reservation through Amex Travel.
- Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $600+ for a prepaid hotel booking online at amextravel.com.
- Expires October 12, 2018.
- Valid only for a prepaid hotel booking at AmexTravel.com.
- This offer excludes Fine Hotels & Resorts bookings.
- Offer not valid at American Express Travel offices, for Car or Cruise bookings, phone orders, transactions made via online chat or for the flight portion of a flight+hotel package.
- Valid only on US website.
Due to the recent negative changes to Amex Offers, it’s important to be selective when choosing which card to load a new Amex Offer to seeing as, in most cases, you can only load it to one card.
With this particular Amex Offer, a Platinum card – either personal or business – would make the most sense as it’ll earn 5x Membership Rewards on prepaid hotel bookings through the Amex Travel portal.
If you were to spend exactly $600 on a reservation, getting $100 back represents a 16.67% discount. That’s not bad, especially if you’re earning 5x on the purchase.
Having said that, it’s frequently possible to pick up Hotels.com gift cards at a 15% discount or better. When also considering the Welcome Rewards credit you’d be earning, booking through Hotels.com might provide better savings than taking advantage of this Amex Offer, especially if your reservation were to cost more than $600.
Something else to bear in mind is that you have to spend the $600 in a single purchase with this offer. That makes it much less flexible than some other Amex Offers where you can meet the spending requirement with more than one transaction.