Note: American Express is a Frequent Miler advertiser. Please see our Advertiser Disclosure.
|Hilton Honors Ascend Card from American Express||100K: 75K after $2K spend in 3 months plus 25K after additional $1K spend in first 6 months.Terms apply.|
The Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card offers the following benefits:
- No foreign transaction fees
- Hilton Gold status; Diamond status after $40K calendar year spend
- Earning rate:
- 12X at hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio worldwide
- 6X at U.S. grocery stores, U.S. restaurants, and U.S. gas stations
- 3X on all other eligible purchases
- Weekend Night Rewards:
- $15K calendar year spend = weekend night reward
- You will receive the reward email within 8-12 weeks after you have met each purchase requirement.
- Weekend = Friday, Saturday, or Sunday night
- Weekend Night Rewards cannot be used at Hilton hotels listed here: HiltonHonors.com/weekendreward.
- 10 free Priority Pass™ Lounge passes per calendar year
Overall this is a great option for those who want an easy way to get and keep Hilton Gold status (which offers free breakfast, among other perks). Due to the relatively low value of Hilton points compared to many other types of rewards (see: Reasonable Redemption Values), this isn’t the best card to use for spend at 3X, but it’s not bad for it’s 6X and 12X categories.
Other Hilton cards
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card
- Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
- Hilton Honors Card from American Express
Note: Many more excellent credit card offers, along with application tips for each bank, can be found on our Best Credit Card Offers Page.
This card usually has a good signup bonus and a few very good perks for regular Hilton travelers.
|Card / Notes||Bonus / Annual Fee|
| Hilton Honors Ascend Card from American Express|
-12X Hilton spend;
-6X U.S. restaurants, US Supermarkets, and US gas stations;
-3X everywhere else
Big spend bonus:
Free weekend night after $15K spend in calendar year
Diamond elite status with $40K calendar year spend
-Free Gold status. Diamond status w/ $40K spend.
-10 free Priority Pass lounge visits per calendar year.
Terms Apply. See Rates & Fees
See also: Hilton Amex Cards. Everything you need to know.
|100K: 75K after $2K spend in 3 months plus 25K after additional $1K spend in first 6 months.Terms apply.
$95 annual fee
Recent better offer: Surpass card: 125K after $4K total spend (Expired 12/17)
FM Mini Review: Easy way to secure Hilton Gold status (which offers free breakfast among other perks). Those who want Diamond status may be better off with the Aspire card.