The Artisan D.C. Hotel Bogotá is an Autograph Collection hotel which, in turn, is one of Marriott’s many brands. I recently used points to book two rooms (one for me and one for my mom) for five nights at this Bogotá hotel.
The Artisan D.C. Hotel Bogotá Bottom Line Review
My mom and I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. The staff were fantastic. The rooms were very nice. Elite recognition was very good. Breakfast was very good.
- Price: 15,000 to 20,000 points per night vs. about $250 per night. This is a category 3 hotel with the following point prices: 15,000 (off-peak), 17,500 (standard), 20,000 (peak). We took advantage of “Stay for 5, Pay for 4” awards and paid a total of 67,500 points per room for all 5 nights (we paid for two off-peak, one standard, and one peak night).
- Value: Awesome value with points.
- Location: Very good. This hotel is in the Chapinero neighborhood which is an affluent part of town. The area around the hotel is also conveniently lined with many very good restaurants. A couple of friends recommended that we stay in Usaquen, to the north, but the hotels we were interested in there were not available for the dates of our stay. Most days we traveled south to La Candelaria (the old town area), so it may have been good to be a bit closer in Chapinero rather than Usaquen. Uber drivers were terrifying, so the less time we spent on the road the better.
- Breakfast: Solid. Platinum free breakfast includes the full buffet plus made-to-order eggs. The buffet includes 3 hot Colombian dishes and plenty of traditional cold-buffet items. Note that they seem to scale breakfast back a bit on the weekend — there was only 1 hot dish for breakfast on Saturday morning (but we were still able to order eggs).
- Room: I was upgraded to a corner king room, which I loved. I especially liked the view of the city and nearby mountains. My mom unfortunately was put in a smaller room without an interesting view. She said it was good for one person but it would have been tight for two.
- Service: Excellent. The desk staff were amazing. They somehow always knew who we were without asking and they were extremely responsive to requests. Eileen, the person who checked us in on the first night, deserves a mention both for being incredibly welcoming and because she adored my mom and hugged her each day. The photo of Eileen and my mom at the top of this post was taken with Eileen’s phone (at her request).
- Turndown service: Good. Every evening we found a very sweet candy in the room. Personally, I’d prefer a less sweet mint, but some may like this candy.
- Platinum Elite Benefits: Very good. I was automatically upgraded to a spacious king corner room. Breakfast was automatically included. We were also each given our choice of welcome gifts: we each had the house cocktail and a snack. There is no club lounge at this hotel.
- Would I stay again? Definitely.