Cathay Pacific Asia Miles is offering a 50% transfer bonus from select hotel programs. Unfortunately, they are excluding Marriott/SPG, so this one is only useful if you’re looking to top off for a valuable award and/or you have hotel points that will otherwise expire unused.
- Get a 50% bonus when transferring from select hotel programs to Cathay Pacific Asia Miles (excluding Marriott/SPG)
- Direct link to this promotion
- The “Hotel Points Conversion Campaign from Participating Hotel Partners” (“Promotion”) is valid from 1 December 2018 (starting from 00:00 GMT+8) to 31 January 2019 (until 23:59 GMT+8), based on points conversion date (“activity date”), both dates inclusive (“Promotion Period”).
- Points conversion from Golden Circle to Asia Miles with below activity dates will be credited in Eligible Member’s account with below specific dates:
- Activity date : 1 – 31 December 2018 ; crediting date : by 15 February 2019
- Activity date : 1 – 31 January 2019 ; crediting date : by 30 April 2019
- See promotion page for full terms
Again, this one isn’t terribly useful unless you have hotel points languishing or you just need a few more miles for a valuable award (though remember that Asia Miles is also an Amex Transfer Partner and a Citi Transfer Partner, so there are other ways to top off an account.
The one hotel transfer that I suppose could possibly make sense is IHG. With the bonus, 5 IHG points equal 1.5 Cathay miles. Since you can often buy IHG points for about half a cent each, that’s like paying 1.67 cents per Asia Mile. I wouldn’t be a buyer at that price, but I’m sure you could find a premium cabin redemption where that may be a deal.
As always, we have added this to our list of Current point transfer bonuses.
H/T: Doctor of Credit