There’s a new Amex Offer out today for Best Buy purchases: spend $300 or more and get either 3,000 Membership Rewards points or $30 back depending on the card on which you find the offer. This is widely available, though likely somewhat targeted.
- A new Amex Offer is out to get either 3,000 Membership Rewards points or $30 back when you spend $300 or more (see your offer for details)
- Expires December 31, 2019.
- Valid at any participating location in the US and US Territories.
- Not valid for e-gift card purchases.
- Excludes corporate gift card purchases.
- Excludes Best Buy Express, Geek Squad services made outside of Best Buy, Best Buy Parts Store, Best Buy Direct, Best Buy Education, Best Buy Ignite, Best Buy Secondary Markets, Best Buy Private Store & Auction, and standalone Pacific Sales stores.
There has been a Best Buy offer for the past few holiday shopping seasons and it is great to see it come back in time to pick up holiday sales. If you see this offer on multiple cards, be smarter than me and remember to add it to the card where you added the ability to earn 1 additional Membership Rewards point per dollar on Best Buy purchases (an Amex Offer that came out earlier this year and is available through 12/31/19). Also keep in mind that you should be able to sync the points offer and statement credit offer once each across all of your Amex accounts, so you could use this offer two total times if you have both versions.
The terms exclude e-gift card purchases, though I don’t see an exclusion on physical cards. In the past, purchasing gift cards has worked. Best Buy has in some years stocked Visa Gift Cards around the holidays at some stores (YMMV). However, Amex has been getting very aggressive in clawing back credits for those who they view as abusing them, so tread carefully and consider your appetite for risk if you buy VGCs.
H/T: GC Galore