Note: On January 8, 2016 American Express sent out a notice to a large number of Bluebird & Serve cardholders informing them that loading capabilities on their accounts had been terminated. For more information, see: Amex kills Bluebird and Serve for manufactured spend
For quite a while, Serve has had an edge over Bluebird not just for online credit card loads, but also for its ability to participate in Amex Sync Offers. Now, Doctor of Credit reports that Bluebird has caught up and can now be registered for these offers. You can now register Bluebird (and, presumably, Bluebird family accounts) with the frequent and often very lucrative Amex Sync Offers. Unfortunately, REDbird (the Target Prepaid REDcard) is not yet eligible for these offers.
For a complete guide to Amex Sync Offers, please see (but ignore the parts where I say that Bluebird is not eligible):
- Maximizing Amex Sync offers. Part 1: sync multiple cards
- Maximizing Amex Sync offers. Part 2: extreme savings
- Maximizing Amex Sync offers. Part 3: shopping elsewhere
- Maximizing Amex Sync offers. Part 4: forget shopping, get points and cash for free
- Create an Amex Sync Machine