|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Radisson Rewards is offering a sale on points with up to a 50% bonus. That brings the cost per point down to 0.47c per point if you buy 51K points or more before the bonus. You can purchase up to 120K points pre-bonus for a total of 180K Radisson points for $840. That price is well above our Reasonable Redemption Value of 0.38c per point, and I wouldn’t be a buyer at this price, but if you have an immediate valuable use for the points it could be worthwhile.
- Radisson Rewards is offering a tiered bonus on purchased points (up to a 50% bonus). Here are the tiers and bonuses:
- Buy 3,000 – 10,000 points and receive 10% more (0.64c per point)
- Buy 11,000 – 50,000 points and receive 25% more (0.56c per point)
- Buy 51,000 – 120,000 points and receive 50% more (0.47c per point)
- Direct link to this promotion
- Valid for points purchased between Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 12:01 am CST through Sunday, July 28, 2019 at 11:59 pm CST (“Offer Period”) only.
- GST/HST will be charged to Canadian residents.
- Points purchased using this option are non-refundable and will post within 24-48 hours.
- Members may purchase up to 120,000 points during the promotional offer only, per Radisson Rewards account, before the 50% bonus
- Bonus points do not count towards the yearly points purchase maximum
- See promotion page for full details
As noted at the top, this certainly isn’t a price I’d pay to buy speculatively since there are many situations in which you wouldn’t be able to get more value than you’ve paid (or not much more). That said, there are some opportunities, particularly in Europe, to get much more value per point than the cost of admission here.
Personally, I’d rather MS on the Radisson Rewards card to earn the points I need. Thanks to the fact that the Radisson Rewards Premier Visa Signature earns 5 points per dollar everywhere, my cost per point to manufacture Radisson points is less than one tenth of one cent with the current Simon Malls promo, (or drastically less with this week’s fee-free Mastercards at Staples) so I’m definitely not in the market to pay nearly half a cent each.
However, Radisson does have some nice hotels in Europe where the value per point can eclipse the sale price here if your dates and travels align just right with the sale. Again, I wouldn’t buy these just to hope to use them for more value but rather if I were going to make a cash booking and the points could save me some cash.
Last updated on August 4th, 2019