|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Reader Niklas reached out to share an ad he received in his Amazon account, good for a $10 Amazon credit for changing his 1-Click default payment method to an eligible Chase card.
How to get this offer
I went to Amazon.com and logged into my account and automatically saw the offer on the home page:
Here is a direct link to the offer details (our affiliate link):
However, if you don’t appear to be targeted, Doctor of Credit has a list of instructions for getting this offer to pop up even if you don’t automatically see it at Amazon. He suggests you do the following:
- Log into the Amazon app
- If you have 1-Click settings enabled, make sure to first change it to a non-Chase card, then turn 1-Click off
- Keep refreshing the home page until the offer loads. You can also try closing/reopening the app
- Click the offer when you see it and set a Chase card as your 1-click method
Based on the comments at DoC, it seems this method should work, though it may take a few refreshes.
- Promotional credit applies to items shipped and sold by Amazon (no third-party merchandise)
- Excludes digital content, gift cards, etc.
- Must use your Chase card to pay
- Credit must be redeemed by 11:59pm PT on September 30, 2017
This is an easy way to pick up a $10 credit towards items shipped & sold by Amazon. As Amazon sells such a wide range of stuff, it should be easy to find a way to use a free $10 at Amazon for setting a Chase card as your 1-Click payment method. After taking advantage of a promotion like this, I typically turn off 1-Click ordering as these promos come around now and then from other banks as well. I can’t say whether or not having 1-Click settings disabled contributes to being targeted, but since turning 1-Click off seems to work as a way to get targeted for this one I suspect it might.
H/T: Reader Niklas & Doctor of Credit