|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Chase have a couple of in-branch cash signup bonuses available until January 16, 2018. As they’re for checking and savings accounts, they’re not affected by 5/24, although there are certain eligibility requirements.
First off, obtain a coupon from Chase, then head to one of their branches and do the following:
Checking Bonus – $300
- Must be a new Chase checking customer (i.e. have no checking accounts currently with them and having not closed an account in the last 90 days)
- Deposit a minimum of $25
- Have a direct deposit made to the account within 60 days of account opening
Once you’ve completed these requirements, you’ll receive the $300 bonus within 10 business days.
Chase will claw back your bonus if you close the account within 6 months of opening the account. To keep it open long enough while avoiding the $12 monthly account fee, you can either:
- Have monthly direct deposits of at least $500 sent to the account
- Maintain a daily balance of $1,500+ at the beginning of each day
- Keep an average of $5,000+ in any combination of this account and linked qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances at the beginning of each day
Savings Bonus – $200
- Must be a new Chase savings customer (i.e. have no savings accounts currently with them and having not closed an account in the last 90 days)
- Deposit a minimum of $15,000 in new money within 10 business days
- Maintain a balance of $15,000 for 90 days from date of deposit
The $200 bonus will be deposited to your account within 10 business days of completing these requirements.
You can avoid the $5 monthly account fee by either:
- Maintaining an opening daily balance of $300+
- Having a $25+ repeating automatic transfer from a Chase personal checking account
- Being under 18 years of age
- Having a linked Chase Premier Plus Checking, Chase Premier Platinum Checking, or Chase Private Client Checking account
These bonuses can be a relatively quick and easy way to earn yourself up to $500.
Be aware that as these are bank account bonuses rather than credit card signup bonuses, they’re considered interest and so Chase will issue a 1099-INT. Depending on your tax situation, the bonuses may therefore not (ultimately) be worth the full $500.