There’s a new Chase Offer out today good for 15% back at several limited-service Marriott brands up to $47 back. Unfortunately/fortunately I wasn’t targeted on this one as the ability to stack a shopping portal with this may have changed the math on a redemption I have coming up. It’s worth seeing if you have this one available — it would be especially good if you have it on a Marriott / Ritz credit card since you could also earn 6 points per dollar at these properties with those cards.
- Get 15% back via a new targeted Chase Offer at the following Marriott brands (up to $47 back):
- Four Points
- SpringHill Suites
- Expires August 30, 2019.
- Maximum savings of $47.
- Offer only valid at domestic properties of Courtyard by Marriott, Four Points by Sheraton, SpringHill Suites and Fairfield by Marriott.
- Payment must be made directly with the merchant (in other words, advance purchase rates do not qualify)
- Complete payment for your stay must be made by 8/30/2019.
- Offer valid one time only.
Getting 15% back certainly isn’t bad, especially if you’re able to stack it with a shopping portal. Current rates aren’t particularly exciting, but we pretty frequently see cash back rates around 7% or more. That could make for a nice stack.
The big gotchas here are that it only works at US properties when you pay at the front desk (no advance purchase rates) and, unlike many Amex Offers, this will not work over multiple purchases. You can use this one time only — once you use your card at the front desk, it’s done — so be sure to use it on a stay that maximizes value. You’ll get 15% back on a purchase up to $313.
Alternatively, if you find a property that sells gift cards at the front desk, I expect that a gift card purchase processed there (at the front desk) would likely trigger this offer. Note that not all properties sell gift cards (and even the ones that do sometimes seem bewildered / unfamiliar with the process to sell them.
Still, it’s worth seeking this one out and syncing it if you can — just remember to use it by 8/30/19.
H/T: GC Galore