Edit 9/26/18 – Southwest bonus offer added to the list.
Chase has begun sending out targeted spending bonuses for the period from October 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018. Stephen received the following offer on his Hyatt card, but the last time we saw such an offer they came out on many of the Chase co-brand cards, so I would expect there to be more offers coming. If you receive a targeted spending offer, let us know what you’ve received in the comments so we can add it to this post.
- Chase is sending out the following targeted spending offers to earn bonus points for spend from October 1, 2018 to December 1, 2018:
- Chase Hyatt Credit Card / World of Hyatt Credit Card: Spend $4K or more, earn 2K bonus points
- Chase Southwest Credit Card: Spend $4K or more, earn 2K bonus points
- Must register by 11:59pm ET on 12/31/18
- Registration link sent via email is a unique link (Subject line = Special Offer: 2,000 Extra Bonus Points)
- Bonus points are in addition to your normal earnings (including any bonus categories)
- Allow up to 8 weeks for the bonus points to post
- See your email for full terms
During the last round of bonus offers, the deals were similar (an extra half a point per dollar on $4K in purchases) on a number of co-branded cards (Ritz, British Airways, Southwest, etc). That makes this offer lukewarm in most instances as you could generally do the same or better without jumping through hoops. For example, with this offer, you would earn 1.5 Hyatt points per dollar on unbonused spend if you are to spend exactly $4,000. You could alternatively earn 1.5 Ultimate Rewards points per dollar on all spend, with no need to plan out an exact dollar figure, with the Chase Freedom Unlimited and then transfer those points to Hyatt provided you have a premium Chase card (like the Sapphire Preferred, Sapphire Reserve, or Ink Business Preferred). That said, if you are working on meeting the $15K annual spend for a free night on the World of Hyatt card, getting an extra 2K points sweetens the deal.
If you have received any other targeted spending offers on Chase co-brand cards, let us know in the comments and we will add them to the post.