|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Choice Hotels has launched a flash sale offering savings of up to 15% on stays booked by June 11 and completed by July 10, 2019.
- Save 15% when booking a stay directly with Choice Hotels at the Preferred Customer Savings Rate.
- Direct link to offer.
- Hotel reservations must be made by 06/11/2019 and stay completed by 07/10/2019.
- A stay includes all consecutive nights at the same hotel regardless of check-ins or checkouts.
- Only valid for qualifying stays, which exclude rooms booked below certain rates, reward night stays, complimentary rooms, rooms paid for as part of a convention or meeting, rooms booked through a travel agent or third party online retailer including online travel agencies, wholesale packages, group tours, and stays booked using the employee discount or the friends, family and associate discount.
- Reservations must be made using the “BOOK TODAY” links provided in this email.
- This offer is a 15% discount off Best Available Rate, and cannot be combined with any other discounts, promotions, or offers.
- Email offer is valid only for use by and for intended recipient.
- Discount will be applied immediately upon booking the room.
- Offer is valid for one time use only for a stay completed by July 10, 2019.
- Choice Hotels reserves the right to change or discontinue this offer at any time.
- Available to U.S. and Canadian residents only.
The terms of the offer state that it’s for the intended email recipient only. However, the landing page linked to above was allowing me to book the Preferred Customer Savings Rate without being logged into my wife’s account even though it was her account that received the email.
You’ll need to book quickly though. The email subject line was ‘TWO DAYS ONLY: Save 15%!’, except it expires today which means they gave less than 24 hours notice of the deal.
The good thing is that this flash sale does seem to be providing genuine savings. For example, we’ll be in Connecticut in a week’s time and doing a search there using the Best Available Rate brought up some of these options:
Doing a search using the special rate brought up the following results:
All of those show a lower price when using the special rate, but the savings aren’t as high as the 15% advertised. Looking in more detail at the standard pricing for the Comfort Inn showed this:
It therefore looks like they’re basing the 15% savings on the higher ‘Guest Check-Out’ rate rather than the ‘Member Price’ rate as $90 is 15% cheaper than $106.
Based on the limited searches I did, the Preferred Customer Savings Rate also appears to be lower than AAA and AARP rates:
An added benefit of booking a stay today is that Ebates is offering 10% cashback on Choice Hotels bookings. To stack the two deals, you’ll need to click through to the Choice website from Ebates, then copy and paste the link provided in ‘The Deal’ section.
Choice has a separate targeted offer giving up to 50x Choice Privileges points per dollar when booking through their app which, in theory, could be used instead of Ebates. The problem is that I don’t know how you can book the Preferred Customer Savings Rate through the app rather than via the landing page. The URL for the 15% flash sale landing page includes ‘EMOF06FSGP1’, but trying to enter that as a Special Rate code doesn’t work.
This flash sale rate should also be an eligible rate for Choice’s current promotion.