Through March 2 2017, Citi ThankYou is offering a 25% bonus on point transfers to Virgin Atlantic.
To make the transfer, you’ll need a premium ThankYou card such as the Citi ThankYou Premier or ThankYou Prestige.
Virgin Atlantic has heavy fuel surcharges on awards on their own flights. Here are some tips for making the most of Virgin Atlantic miles:
- When booking Virgin Atlantic flights:
- Taxes and fees are often lower when booking two one-way awards rather than a round-trip.
- When using miles this way, it may be better to think of the miles as a way to get a discount rather than a free flight
- Virgin Atlantic miles can be used to book partner flights, often with very low or no fuel surcharges. They have a very good award chart for Delta and for Virgin Australia.
- Virgin Atlantic miles can also be used to book trains, hot air balloons, resorts and more through Virgin group partners (found here). Many of these offer poor value, but there are a few gems such as Necker Island.