There’s a new (possibly targeted) Comfort Hotels Amex Offer available which can save you up to 20% when paying for your stay.
- Spend $150+ on room rate and room charges at Comfort hotels & get $30 back from an Amex Offer.
- Expires December 31, 2020.
- Offer valid only at Comfort hotels in the US and Puerto Rico.
- Reservations must be made online at ChoiceHotels.com or by using the Choice Hotels mobile app.
- Excludes the following Choice Hotels brands: Sleep Inn, Quality Inn, Clarion, MainStay Suites, Suburban, Econo Lodge, Rodeway Inn, Ascend, Cambria and Woodspring Suites.
- Excludes gift cards purchased online, bulk or corporate gift cards and points purchases for the Choice Privileges Rewards Program.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
Statement credits for Amex Offers are based on the amount actually charged to your card, so when looking at the room rates for Comfort hotels properties, you don’t need the room rate before tax to total $150.
For example, the Comfort Inn Quantico costs $70 per night for a weekend stay next month.
Although the total for two nights costs $140 before tax (well, $139.70 as the $70 rate is rounded up from $69.85 per night), with tax the cost is $154.09 which would therefore be high enough to trigger the Amex Offer.
Seeing as you’d be booking a paid stay to take advantage of this offer, you can earn additional cashback/rewards by clicking through from a shopping portal. Be sure to check all your options though because your rate of return could vary depending on what you search for.
For example, there are four different listings for Comfort on Cashback Monitor:
When checking all those options, the highest rate is from the Mr Rebates portal as they’re the only ones offering 4% cashback for both Comfort Inn and Comfort Suites.
That doesn’t tell the full story though. As you can see in the image above, it shows the Kiindly portal as only offering 3% cashback. If you search Cashback Monitor for a fifth choice – Choice Hotels – the results are different.
For Choice Hotels, Mr Rebates is no longer the only portal offering 4% cashback as it’s now joined by Kiindly and Shop At Home. That’s interesting not only because Kiindly is offering 1% more for Choice Hotels than Comfort Inn, but because of Shop At Home’s appearance in the results.
Shop At Home doesn’t appear in any of the results on Cashback Monitor for the four Comfort Inn/Comfort Suites options listed earlier as they appear to incorporate all Choice Hotels brands under a solitary Choice Hotels listing on their portal.
It’s therefore worth checking all options for both the brand and hotel chain on Cashback Monitor before making a paid reservation in case a better rate is available to you.