|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Dosh is offering 15% cash back at Staples today. The daily max of $5 is still applicable and the terms exclude gift cards from earning cash back. Still, if you have a smaller Staples purchase to make, this could be a nice little deal – especially after you’ve stacked it with a shopping portal and 5x by using a credit card that earns one of the best category bonuses at office supply stores.
- Cash back app Dosh is offering 15% cash back today at Staples.com (and also at Finish Line). Staples purchases earn a max of $5 cash back per day.
- If you’re new to Dosh, feel free to sign up using one of our referral links. We’ll earn a small bonus when you sign up and connect and verify your first card, but I’m not entirely sure what you’ll receive as a signup bonus. It used to be $5, then they reduced it to $1 a couple of months ago, but I’m not sure if it’s gone back up now or not.
- Staples.com cash back limited to a max of $5 cash back per day
- Valid only at staples.com.
- Cash back will be deposited into your Dosh account within 30 days.
- Gift cards are excluded from cash back offer.
Note that Dosh terms now explicitly exclude gift cards from earning cash back, so I wouldn’t count on this for a gift card purchase. The nice thing about Dosh is that it is a card-linked offer, so you can link the offer to your credit card and then start your purchase through a shopping portal to increase rewards.
Given the $5 max in cash back per day, you’ll max out the 15% back on a purchase of $33.33. Stack that with 2 or 3% back (or 2 or 3 miles per dollar) from a shopping portal. Add another 5x by using a Chase Ink Cash card and that’s a pretty nice return on a small purchase.
This isn’t a huge win, but even if you only value the Chase points at 1c each, you’re looking at getting 22 or 23% back cumulatively on a $33 purchase, which is still a win in my book.
H/T: Doctor of Credit