The Dosh app has added Costco as a retailer where you can earn cashback when paying with a card linked in the app. Cashback is available not only on new memberships but also regular purchases, although there’s a not-very-generous limit on how much cashback you can earn each year on purchases.
- Earn cashback at Costco when paying with a card linked in the Dosh app:
- $10 for Costco membership in-store
- $10 for Costco membership online
- 3% cashback for Costco purchases in-store
- 3% cashback for Costco purchases online
- If you’re new to Dosh, feel free to sign up using one of our referral links. We’ll earn $5 when you sign up and connect and verify your first card, but I’m not entirely sure what you’ll receive as a signup bonus. It used to be $5, then they reduced it to $1 a couple of months ago, but I’m not sure if it’s gone back up now or not.
- 3% cashback in-store
- $10 maximum annual cashback
- Valid only at participating locations
- 3% cashback online
- $10 maximum annual cashback
- Valid only at Costco.com
There are frequently deals where you can buy a Sam’s Club membership profitably, along with BJ’s Wholesale Club offers that drop the cost of a membership by about half.
Costco memberships on the other hand aren’t often discounted, but it’s currently possible to stack a number of different deals to reduce the cost and/or maximize the rewards you earn.
For starters, there’s this new offer in the Dosh app. You can earn $10 cashback when paying for a new membership – either in-store or online – with a card linked in the Dosh app.
If buying a membership online, don’t click through to Costco from the Dosh app though. Instead, click through from a shopping portal as many different portals now offer cashback on new memberships. Cashback Monitor has four different entries for Costco, so you can check those here, here, here and here to find the best rate.
There are some other card-linked programs offering rewards on Costco memberships right now. United’s MPX app is giving 12x miles (see the United Visa Rewards section), while Uber Visa Rewards is offering 25% cashback. The MPX offer requires you to pay with a Chase United card, while the Uber offer can be paid for with any Visa card that you have listed as a payment method in the Uber app. Seeing as the United and Uber deals are both Visa Offers, I’m not sure if it’s possible to stack them by paying with a Chase United card that you’ve also added in the Uber app.
Rather than paying with a Visa card, you could earn 5% cashback by paying with a Discover It card because it’s earning 5% cashback at wholesale clubs this quarter.
There’s also a separate deal that’s offering a $10 Costco gift card when buying a Gold Star membership or $20 gift card when buying a Gold Star Executive membership. Seeing as that offer isn’t on Costco.com, I don’t know if it’ll stack with any of these other offers.
Going back to this new Dosh offer, you can also earn 3% cashback on purchases in-store and online. With an annual limit of $10 cashback, you’ll max it out when spending $333.33. That’s not a very generous limit, but it’s better than nothing.