Update 8/23/20: When we published this a few days ago, Dosh required that you place your order using the retailer’s app. It looks like they’ve since updated how the offer works as it now takes you through to the grocery store’s website rather than their app.
The offer still requires that you tap through to Safeway, Albertsons, etc. from Dosh on your phone and pay with a card linked in the Dosh app, so it’s seemingly not possible to stack with cashback from a shopping portal, nor possible to place an order from your computer rather than your phone.
I say “seemingly” because it might be that Dosh actually only tracks the card-linked transaction, in which case you could place an order on your computer after clicking through from a shopping portal to earn cashback from the portal and also earn cashback from Dosh by paying with a linked card. However, the fact that Dosh specifically mentions needing to click through from their app suggests that won’t work, but I’m sure some of you out there are willing to try stacking things to try to earn a total of ~5% cashback on your online grocery shopping – 3% from Dosh and ~2% from a shopping portal.
If testing out the shopping portal option, be sure to check the terms for each shopping portal. TopCashback states that you’ll only earn cashback for Safeway if it’s your first online order, whereas Rakuten doesn’t have that stipulation.
It’s not only Walmart Grocery where you can save money on grocery shopping with Dosh. If you have the app for select stores that use the Just For U program on your phone, you can earn 3% cashback on your grocery shopping when also paying with a card linked in the Dosh app.
- Earn 3% cashback when tapping through to
the app forthe following grocery stores from the Dosh app & paying with a card linked in the Dosh app:
- Jewel Osco
- Tom Thumb
- If you’re new to Dosh, feel free to sign up using one of our referral links. We’ll earn a small bonus when you sign up and connect and verify your first card, but I’m not entirely sure what you’ll receive as a signup bonus. It used to be $5, then they reduced it to $1 a couple of months ago, but I’m not sure if it’s gone back up now or not.
- Valid only when you use the Shop button to open the
shopping appgrocery store from Dosh.
- Cash back is not available on Rush Delivery orders (i.e. orders placed through Instacart).
- Service available in select areas and may be provided by a partner. Enter your zip code online to find if service is available in your location.
- Same day delivery subject to availability.
- No pickup fee.
- All delivery and pickup orders subject to a minimum purchase, unless otherwise noted.
- Minimum purchases calculated based on subtotal of all items in cart at checkout.
- Cash back will be deposited into your Dosh account within 14 days.
If you’re happy doing your online grocery shopping by using an app rather than a browser, earning 3% cashback is a nice little bonus.
For those of you that shop online with one of these stores, an alternative is to click through to them from a shopping portal while using a browser. For example, here are the cashback rates for Safeway:
While the cashback rates aren’t as high, earning 2x Ultimate Rewards might be enticing, especially if paying with a newly-opened Chase Freedom or Freedom Unlimited card which are earning 5x at grocery stores. Even if just going for cashback from a portal, the lower rate might be worth it for the convenience of having a larger browser to use rather than the app on your phone.
Still, 3% cashback on your grocery shopping from Dosh on top of the Just For U Reward Points and credit card rewards is a solid return from the comfort of your sofa.
To find these offers, scroll down in the Dosh app to the section that says ‘Mobile Offers’ and tap ‘See All’. You should then see all the apps for these grocery stores as you scroll down that list.