|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
There’s a new DoubleTree Amex Offer that appeared in the last couple of days which is offering $45 back when spending $225 on room rate and room charges. If the total for your room including tax came to exactly $225, that works out to be a 20% discount.
- Spend $225+ at DoubleTree on room rate & room charges and get $45 back with an Amex Offer.
- Expires December 31, 2019.
- Offer valid only at DoubleTree by Hilton properties in the US & US Territories.
- Reservations must be made online at doubletree.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-800-445-8667.
- Excludes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hampton by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton, Hilton Grand Vacations, Signia by Hilton and Motto by Hilton.
- Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and Non-refundable rates.
- Excludes gift card purchases.
- Corporate Cards are not eligible for this offer.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
American Express frequently runs these 20% off Amex Offers for Hilton brands; like this offer, they’re usually for specific brands rather than being valid across the entire Hilton portfolio.
One important term to note is that even though the DoubleTree brand can be found in more than 40 countries worldwide, this offer is only valid on DoubleTree stays in the US and US Territories. Another important thing to be aware of is that prepaid rates (e.g. Advance Purchase) don’t trigger the Amex Offer as those payments are processed by Hilton rather than whichever DoubleTree property you’re staying at.
Seeing as you’d likely be booking a paid stay to take advantage of this offer, remember to click through from a shopping portal to earn cashback. The cashback rate for Hilton doesn’t tend to be very good and the majority of portals don’t offer any cashback at all if you have Gold or Diamond status.
One exception that I’ve found is the Kiindly shopping portal. At the time of writing this, Gold members can earn 3% and Diamond members earn 0.75%. While those rates aren’t anywhere near as high as the rates we sometimes see for Marriott and IHG (e.g. the 11%/11x for IHG at Rakuten yesterday), 3% or 0.75% is still better than 0%. I’ve clicked through from Kiindly a couple of times for Hilton stays when they were offering 4% for Gold members. Both those stays tracked and I’ve since been paid the ~$82, so I had no hesitation using them again recently when booking a Hilton stay over Thanksgiving.
Last updated on January 4th, 2020