If you’ll be booking flights with British Airways for travel by the end of the year, there’s a new promotion offering 100% bonus Avios on your next six flights with them. You have to book the flights by 19 April though, so you’ll need to lock in your plans within the next few weeks to take advantage of this.
- Earn 100% bonus Avios on all British Airways flights.
- After completing six flights, you’ll earn an additional 2,019 bonus Avios.
- Direct link to offer.
- To participate in this promotion, Eligible Participants must, before booking, register for the offer by following the “Register now” link provided on the online registration page supplied by BA and complete the registration process on the same webpage. Eligible Participants must then book during the Promotional Period: 21 March to 19 April 2019 and fly during the Travel Period: 21 March to 31 December 2019 23.59 GMT.
- A Qualifying Flight is either a one-way (single sector) or a return flight (two sectors) between the point of departure and final destination with no scheduled change of aircraft that must be booked after the Member has registered. Members can receive 100% bonus Avios on up to six single sector Qualifying Flights.
- A Qualifying flight is (i) a BA prefix on any selling class (excluding reward flights or upgrades using Avios) or cabin on any BA operated service, or (ii) any flight included as part of a British Airways Holiday package, and (iii) a BA prefix on a transatlantic flight operated by British Airways (BA), American Airlines (AA), Iberia (IB) or Finnair (AY) between Europe and North America. The promotion also applies to travel on domestic flights within the UK and southern Africa (operated by Comair), Sunnair and CityFlyer. Any other flights operated by any other BA franchises, codeshare partners or oneworld alliance members will not qualify.
- The Eligible Participant can collect 100% bonus Avios on up to six sectors and will be awarded after each Qualifying Flight has been completed. Eligible Participants who register, book and complete six or more Qualifying Flights will receive an additional 2019 bonus Avios once the sixth sector has been completed.
Bonuses on paid flights don’t come around too often, especially the opportunity to earn double base miles, so this is a generous promotion if you’re able to book any BA flights – or flights with its qualifying partners – by April 19. Just be aware that it doesn’t include flights you’ve already booked, even if you’ll be traveling before December 31.
The promotion is to celebrate 100 years of British Airways flights in 2019, hence the 100% bonus and 2,019 bonus miles when completing six flights.
As OMAAT points out, if you’ll be booking more than six flights during the promotion period, it’ll likely be worth crediting any shorter flights to other airline programs to ensure you earn the 100% bonus on the longer flights.