|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Delta is offering 50% bonus SkyMiles for the next two months when earning miles with several of their partners.
- Earn 50% extra miles with eligible hotel, car and retail partners. The following SkyMiles partners are participating in this offer:
- Hotels + Airbnb: Choose from thousands of accommodations to fit your trip, including brands like SPG, Marriott, Airbnb or Delta.com/hotels.
- Car Partners: Earn miles with Lyft and with popular car rental companies such as Hertz, Alamo, National, Enterprise, and more.
- SkyMiles Shopping: Shop online at hundreds of popular stores like Apple, Macy’s and Home Depot.
- SkyMiles Dining: Dine at thousands of restaurants to boost your miles balance every day.
- Link to registration page.
- Registration required by July 24, 2018 at 11:59pm.
- Once registered, earn bonus miles through September 30, 2018.
- Registered SkyMiles members will earn 50% bonus miles for every eligible transaction with participating partner they earn miles with between July 21, 2018 and September 30, 2018 up to a maximum of 10,000 bonus miles per member.
- Eligibility of Transactions: Bonus will only be awarded on base miles and not on bonus miles. Eligible transactions include Base miles earned on Hotel stays, Airbnb stays, Lyft rides, car rental bookings, SkyMiles Cruises bookings, FTD and Vinesse purchases, SkyMiles Shopping US and SkyMiles Dining.
- Only accrual partner transactions with an activity date between July 21, 2018 and September 30, 2018 will be considered for bonuses. Activity date is defined as the date of the transaction as reported by the partner regardless of the date the transaction is posted in the member’s account.
- Excluded Transactions: Some transactions from eligible partners are excluded including and not limited to: miles earned from bonuses, events, transfer of partner currency to miles, Airbnb Host transactions and New Guest Bonuses, Hotel Vacation Club transactions, Partner voucher credits, Dollar Rent A Car and Thrifty Car Rental transactions, other mileage earning that are not related with hotel stays, Airbnb stays, Lyft rides, car rental bookings, SkyMiles Shopping US and SkyMiles Dining. This offer cannot be combined with other public and private offers in market.
- Please allow up to 60 days after the qualifying transaction for bonus miles to be added in your account.
- Promotional Reference Code: To enquire about this offer, please refer to code 187005 when contacting any Delta customer service representative.
The phrasing of the terms suggests this offer is targeted, but it might also be open to all SkyMiles members. I received an email inviting me to register, whereas my wife didn’t. However, both of us were able to successfully register for the promotion.
This 50% bonus isn’t as high as the double points bonus they offered a few months ago for activity with similar partners. Having said that, the previous promotion was only available for partners with whom you’d not earned any miles with last year. This new promotion doesn’t have that same restriction, so if you earned miles with Delta’s shopping portal, Airbnb, Hertz, etc. in 2017, then this promotion works out better for you.
The 50% bonus isn’t awarded on any bonus miles you might earn with the partners. For example, SkyMiles Shopping sometimes offers portal bonuses. Let’s say that in the next few months they came out with an offer where if you spend $350, you get 1,000 bonus miles. Let’s also say you spent $350 with Best Buy where the standard earning rate would be 1 mile per dollar. In that scenario, you’d earn the following:
- $350 * 1 mile = 350 miles
- $350 * 0.5 miles (from this promotion bonus) = 175 bonus miles
- Shopping portal bonus = 1,000 bonus miles
In other words, you wouldn’t earn a 50% bonus on the 1,000 shopping portal bonus, but you would earn it on the standard miles from the purchase.
Keep an eye on which partners are included as well. For example, Hertz, Alamo, National and Enterprise are all included, but Dollar and Thrifty are excluded for the bonus.
Registration is only open until July 24, so sign up now so that you can earn the 50% bonus over the next 2+ months.
Last updated on July 29th, 2018