Rocketmiles is a hotel booking service that offers the opportunity to earn various airline currencies on hotel bookings. Coming soon, they indicate that you will be able to earn American Express Membership Rewards points in place of airline miles — which could be an awesome deal thanks to their flexibility in transferring to many different programs.
- Earn 500-10,000 American Express Membership Rewards points per night for hotel stays booked through Rocketmiles (coming soon)
- Direct link
- Number of miles will vary by location and rates
- Rocketmiles bookings typically do not qualify for elite benefits and credits
- Additional points available to U.S. American Express Card Members with a Card enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program (“Eligible Card Account”) only.
- Card Members must use an Eligible Card Account at checkout and complete their hotel stay to receive the additional points.
- Points will be awarded within 8 to 12 weeks after receipt by American Express of the eligible additional points information. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your booking as eligible, you will not receive the additional points.
- See additional terms on the promotion page
It looks like this partnership has not yet begun and I don’t see a mention of an official start date on the Rocketmiles site. Rocketmiles does provide a pop-up to enter an email address for future updates. If you close that pop-up, you get a booking page that looks like it would be functional.
Unforunately, every search I tried just led to a message indicating it was “loading hotels”. I’m not sure when this goes live, but when it does this might make Rocketmiles bookings more attractive. While the number of Membership Rewards points awarded will vary from one property to the next, it would certainly be more attractive to earn flexible points that could be transferred to a variety of partners rather than one mileage currency.
Of course, you’re probably giving up elite benefits and credits, but that may be worthwhile in some instances to earn a flexible currency. If and when we receive an update on this going live, we’ll send out an updated post.
H/T: Mile Nerd