|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Groupon is currently running a Reward Challenge offering bonus Groupon Bucks. It’s a three-tiered promotion with a top tier of $20 Groupon Bucks when spending $125+, although the Bucks you earn will only be valid for a couple of weeks. This challenge appears to be unadvertised – here’s how I got in.
- Register for the Groupon Reward Challenge and earn the following:
- $5 in Groupon Bucks when you spend $50-$74.99 USD.
- $15 in Groupon Bucks if you spend $75-$124.99 USD.
- $20 in Groupon Bucks if you spend $125 USD or more.
- Valid on Local Deals purchases only.
- Purchases must be made by December 2, 2018.
- Any earned Groupon Bucks will be added to your account on January 7, 2019. Please note that the Groupon Bucks you earn will expire 15 days from issuance.
- Groupon Bucks, promo codes and gift cards may be used on purchases, however, only the amount you spend at checkout will apply towards the Reward Challenge spend requirement.
- Only non-refunded purchases will count toward the Reward Challenge spend requirement.
My wife and I are visiting San Antonio for Thanksgiving and my in-laws have come to join us. They’re real estate agents and so they love all things HGTV. As a result, we spent all day yesterday heading up to Waco seeing as that’s Mecca for Fixer Upper fans.
Also in Waco is the Dr Pepper Museum, so we decided to visit there too – after all, I’m quite literally a Pepper 😉
There was a Groupon for four adult tickets plus four 12oz beverages, so I tried buying that the night before. For some reason they declined the transaction, even though I was trying to pay with the gift card balance already loaded to my account.
After trying several times with no success, I initiated an online chat. While trying to get it resolved, the agent asked if I wanted to be enrolled in their Reward Challenge, so I said yes. An hour or so later, I received an email confirming that I was enrolled in the challenge and which contained the terms of the challenge listed above.
I certainly wouldn’t go out of my way to buy Local Deals by December 2 just to get the Groupon Bucks, especially seeing as they expire within 15 days of being credited to your account. However, if you’re already planning on spending $50+ on Groupon Local Deals in the next couple of weeks, you might as well get some additional rewards.
From what I can tell, there’s no signup link or landing page to get in on this Groupon Reward Challenge. To try to register, log in to your account and find a reason to initiate a live chat (some kind of random Local Deal question should be fine). If the agent doesn’t ask if you want to join the challenge, mention that you’d read about the challenge and that’ll hopefully prompt them to enroll you for the deal, but YMMV.