|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
IHG has today (August 13) opened up the first property of their new Avid brand in Oklahoma City. To celebrate, they’re offering triple points on stays until the end of the year which, when combined with status and the new IHG Premier credit card, can earn you 50x or more on a stay.
- Earn triple points on stays at the Avid Hotel Oklahoma City – Quail Springs.
- Direct link to promotion (but book via a cashback portal).
- The Offer booking period is between 1 August 2018 and 30 December 2018, with a stay period of 13 August 2018 through 31 December 2018.
- Triple points will be awarded on all Qualifying Stays when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates at avid™ hotels worldwide.
- Maximum bonus points awarded is 15,000 bonus points during this Offer period for each member (on top of base points earned).
- Triple bonus points will be awarded based on the total spend on the qualifying hotel stay with avid™ hotels. Base hotel points will be awarded at 10 points per dollar per the IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions. Double points will be awarded through the promotion, for a total of triple the points.
I’ve been keeping an eye on this property for the past six months or more as I was curious what the Avid brand would be like to stay at. My wife and I will be visiting Oklahoma City in September while on our 50 state road trip so I’d hoped to book a stay at the Avid hotel. Unfortunately they’re not dog-friendly, so that idea was ixnayed.
For those of you that travel pet-free, this triple points offer can be a good one. You’ll earn 10 base points per dollar as standard, so with those tripled you’ll earn 30 points per dollar. You can earn 50x or more if you have the new IHG Premier card and already earned the signup bonus. My understanding is that the credit card signup bonus awards elite qualifying points which would earn you Spire Elite status.
Here’s how the 50x breaks down:
- 10x (base points)
- 20x (bonus points from the triple points offer)
- 10x (bonus points from Spire Elite status)
- 10x (paying with the IHG Premier credit card)
- Total = 50x
In addition to that, you’ll get a welcome amenity when checking in. I’d expect it to be ~500 IHG Rewards Club points which would make your total marginally more than 50x. Even if you only have Platinum Elite status, you’d still earn 45x.
There’s a limit of 15,000 bonus points on top of base points earned. Seeing as you earn 20 bonus points per dollar with this promotion, you’ll max it out when spending $750 on the base price of the room. With room rates around $90, you’d max it out over the course of an 8-9 night stay.
If taking advantage of this offer, remember to book through a cashback portal. The Avid brand isn’t listed on any portals yet, but you should be able to earn cashback. Simply click through to one of IHG’s other brands and book the Avid Oklahoma City – Quail Springs. For example, Holiday Inn is currently offering up to 10% cashback, as is Crowne Plaza. When combined with 50x IHG Rewards Club points, this represents an excellent return.
Last updated on January 6th, 2019