|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Southwest recently came out with a targeted promotion that is pretty awesome. I didn’t have this promotion in my account and I initially figured that it was likely highly targeted. However, a few days ago I checked my wife’s account and she is targeted, so I figured I would share it for any readers who might want to check. This is an easy 6K points if targeted, which is about ~$90 in wanna get away fares, so it’s really valuable if you have it.
- Get 6,000 Southwest Rapid Rewards points (worth about $90) by singing up for Rapid Rewards emails and staying subscribed for 6 months [targeted]
- Log in at Southwest.com and look for this promotion under “My Rapid Rewards” in your account as shown above.
- You must first sign up for Rapid Rewards email updates here
- Then, after signing up for email updates, register for the promotion
- Then, stay opted in to emails for 3 months and get 3,000 bonus points
- Stay opted in for a further 3 months (6 months total) and get an additional 3,000 points
This is actually a really impressive promotion if you are targeted. Southwest is essentially offering enough points for a free one-way flight between many markets just for agreeing to receive marketing emails.
To see if you are eligible, simply go here and see if you find this one under the “promotions” tab in your account as shown in the screen shot above. If you do see this promotion, you can click through to read the terms:
As you can see, the terms are incredibly simple: sign up for email updates first, then register for the promotion. Then just don’t unsubscribe for 6 months and you should get all 6,000 points.
Earning about $90 worth of points without spending a dime is a pretty slick deal indeed for those targeted. Note that the terms state you must opt in before September 30, 2018 – though I can’t think of a good reason to wait if you are eligible.
H/T: Deals We Like
Last updated on October 6th, 2018