|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
There’s a new Eurowings Amex Offer out today, although it appears to be highly targeted. If you have it on any of your cards. it could help you save up to 20% on fares to Europe.
- Spend $800 or more in a single purchase online at eurowings.com and get a $160 statement credit.
- Expires July 31, 2018.
- Offer valid for flight bookings made directly with Eurowings through US website eurowings.com, US mobile app, or US customer service telephone.
- Flight must originate in US and be charged in US dollars in order to qualify.
- Not valid for bookings through partners sites, agents, affiliates and third parties.
- Purchases such as seat upgrades and baggage check are included if purchased at same time with flight booking.
- Excludes gift cards/vouchers, purchases in terminals, in-flight purchases, hotel bookings, car rentals, ground transportation, and Rail&Fly bookings.
Eurowings offers flights originating from five US airports:
- Fort Myers (Florida) RSW
- Las Vegas (Nevada) LAS
- Miami (Florida) MIA
- New York (New York) JFK
- Seattle (Washington) SEA
As Eurowings is a German airline that’s based in Düsseldorf, many of their flights seem to route through there, although the transatlantic portion might be operated by a partner airline such as Brussels Airlines. From Düsseldorf, they offer connections to several other German airports, along with other European airports such as Zurich, Geneva and Vienna.
If you were to find a fare for exactly $800, the $160 statement credit would represent a 20% discount. Be sure to check other flight options though as you might be able to get a better deal elsewhere.
For example, there’s a flight bookable on the Eurowings website from New York to Zurich in June. That’s pricing out at $807.98, so the net cost of the flight would be $647.98 after the Amex Offer.
That’s not too bad, but it requires a stop in Düsseldorf in both directions. By comparison, Delta is offering direct flights from New York to Zurich in June from only $430.81.
Eurowings might be a better option depending on the route and dates though, so 20% off could be a good discount.