Expedia has announced their Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals and while many of them will likely be like playing the lottery (i.e. many will play and few will win), but a couple of deals might be worth the three or four minutes of clicking to give them a try.
- Expedia has announced the following Black Friday coupons:
- Coupon 1: $100 off $200 flights
- Coupon 2: 75% off standalone hotels
- Coupon 3: $500 off $1,000 vacation packages
- Coupon 4: $25 of $50 activities
- Coupon 5: 10% off standalone hotels
- Expedia has announced the following Cyber Monday coupons:
- Coupon 1: $100 off $200 flights – this coupon will refresh every hour from 9 a.m. PST to 3 p.m. PST
- Coupon 2: 90% off in the Expedia App – this coupon will refresh every hour from 9 a.m. PST to 3 p.m. PST
- Coupon 3: 50% off standalone hotels – this coupon will refresh every hour from 9 a.m. PST to 3 p.m. PST
- Coupon 4: 10% off standalone hotels
- Coupon 5: $100 off $1,000 vacation packages
- Coupon 6: $100 off $200 activities
- Direct link to more information about this deal
Coupons like $100 off of $200 on flights (which requires round trip purchase) are likely to be nearly impossible to score. That said, according to fool.com, Americans spent more than $70 billion on lottery tickets in 2014 alone. If you’re willing to pay what has been called a “tax on stupidity” (and it’s one I’ve paid many times), I don’t see any harm in a free couple of clicks to try for one of these deals if it might be useful.
That said, Extreme Hotel Deals points out on Twitter that one of the best deals might also be the least flashy: the coupons for $25 off of $50 and $100 off $200 in activities. Since the Expedia portal sells a wide range of activities.
Keep in mind that some of the best deals are only available in the Expedia app. You’ll want to download it / sign in / add your payment info / be ready.
Whether or not you’ll be able to score one of these highly limited-quantity deals will ultimately be a game of chance, but one that doesn’t cost you anything but time. I’ll probably be giving it a shot on Friday / Monday. We’ve added this to our Black Friday Master Post, where you’ll find a constantly-updated list of both deals currently on and announced/coming.
H/T: Doctor of Credit