|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
This morning, Greg went head first into The amazing CNB Crystal Visa Infinite Card. A deep dive. He had great timing with that, because this afternoon he received a mailer offer for a bonus offer valid today, October 15, 2018 to January 15, 2018 good for 10,000 bonus rewards points when you spend $5,000 or more.
- Get 10,000 bonus points when you spend $5,000 or more from October 15, 2018 through January 15, 2019
- Targeted mailer, but last year’s offer went out to most (all?) cardholders
- Mailer indicates that this offer is only valid for the recipient, but last year’s promo went out to most (all?) cardholders
- Please allow 6 to 8 weeks after January 15, 2019 for bonus points to post to your account
- See full terms in image below
As Greg showed in this morning’s post, points are worth up to 1.25 cents each when used toward flights, making the 10,000 bonus points here a decent added return (which might be especially attractive if you’re spending at the grocery store, already a 3x category). You’ll earn these points in addition to your normal earnings — meaning that you’re essentially adding an extra 2x on all purchases up to $5K during the promo window.
The mailer indicates that this offer is targeted to the cardholder, but Greg reports that he doesn’t recall anyone he knows who has the card and didn’t receive a mailer for the same type of promo last year.
It’s a tough card to get, but this could make for very compelling alternative to the Amex Gold card for US supermarket spend. If you’re a cardholder, be on the lookout for the snail mail info.
Last updated on January 19th, 2019