Fairmont Canada has an awesome offer going for those who can take advantage: Buy One night, Get One free through June 30, 2021. I’m not finding many dates available at some properties in May and June, but if you’re looking for a winter getaway to Canada, this could be a great deal for some well-loved properties.
- Fairmont Canada is offering a Buy One, Get One Free promotion whereby every second night is free when you book through this promo at select properties (quite a few are available)
- Direct link to this deal (note that the link automatically inserts promo code PLCA, but sometimes the code gets wiped out when you modify dates to search again, so be sure to check it is there)
- Buy one night and receive a complimentary second night during the same stay.
- A 1 night prepaid fully-refundable deposit is required.
- This promotion is subject to availability and may not be combined with any other offers, promotions or packages.
- For stays through June 30, 2021.
- Blackout dates may apply.
- You may also use your complimentary night as a second room on the same night. Should you wish to do so, please book a two night stay and then you must call the hotel directly to amend the reservation. The reservation will be amended to have two rooms in the same room category for the price of one for one night.
- ALL Rewards points may not be redeemed to cover the cost of any charges associated with stays booked on this offer either at time of booking or during the stay. This includes, but is not limited to charges for room rate/restaurant/in-room dining/spa/golf.
- Members who book through this offer will receive the on-property benefits associated with their tier level at time of stay.
- Members will earn points at standard earn rates for room charges and all eligible spend that is charged to their room during the stay.
Obviously right now the border with Canada is closed to non-essential traffic, so you won’t be using this for a stay in the very near future. That said, despite the fact that they are taking a prepaid deposit on these reservations, in most cases they are fully refundable (most cancellation deadlines are about a week in advance, but check the details for your chosen hotel and dates).
For those interested, keep in mind that you can not use ALL points to cover any associated charges — not the room rate, dining, etc.
I just tried a fairly extensive search of both the Fairmonts in Banff and Lake Louise and couldn’t find a single 2-day stay where this deal was available in May or June (note that I didn’t check absolutely every 2-day combo, but probably about half of them anyway).
However, I did find stays in the winter and early spring months where you could get a couple of days at a very reasonable price for a Fairmont in a sought-after location:
I’m actually pretty tempted by this deal thanks to the fact that I can redeem Capital One miles for a Fairmont gift card at a favorable rate, I’ve been interested in Banff, and using Turkish miles to fly between the US and Canada would cost 10K miles each way in economy or 15K each way in business class, so it’s a pretty cheap destination in terms of miles. The problem for me is that I generally prefer to escape winter rather than head for more of it.
At any rate, I’m sure this will interest some readers. This promo has been on for a bit, but the last I had looked it only covered stays through December 31st of this year. With the extension to June 30, 2021 and flexible cancellations, this is a pretty low-risk proposition for those interested.
H/T: Doctor of Credit