There’s a new Amex Offer for Fairmont and Sofitel properties that’s offering $80 back when spending $400 or more.
- Spend $400 or more on room rate and room charges in a single purchase at Fairmont and Sofitel hotels and resorts and get $80 back.
- Expires December 17, 2019.
- Offer valid only at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and Sofitel Hotels and Resorts in the US, Canada and Mexico.
- Reservations for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts must be made online at Fairmont.com, via the AccorHotels app or by calling 1-800-257-7544. Reservations for Sofitel Hotels & Resorts must be made online at Sofitel.com, via the AccorHotels app or by calling 1-855-799-6633. Reservations for both Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and Sofitel Hotels and Resorts can also be made at Accorhotels.com.
- Excludes all other Accor brand hotels, including Sofitel Legend, SO/, and M Gallery.
- Not valid on honeymoon registries, Willow Stream Spa services and online booking golf tee times purchased with Fairmont.
- Not valid at Fairmont Store, Sofitel Boutique or other retail outlet purchases within the property, including online purchases.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
- Qualifying purchase means a purchase at Fairmont and Sofitel Hotels & Resorts made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount of at least $400 USD posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Cardmember Agreement.
I was only targeted for the $80 statement credit version of this offer, but there might be an 8,000 Membership Rewards version of the offer.
The terms state that the $400 has to be spent on room rate and room charges but as with most hotel Amex Offers, it should be possible to buy a gift card from the front desk of a Fairmont or Sofitel property to lock in the 20% discount if you don’t have a stay planned before December 17.
One important aspect to note from the terms is that the $400 charge has to be made as a single purchase, not multiple ones. Given how expensive Fairmont and Sofitel properties can be, it shouldn’t be too hard to hit that $400 threshold. That requirement is worth remembering though if you only have a one night stay that’s below $400.