|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
I’m late to the party in posting this one, but hopefully it’s better late than never for the night owls who are up and bargain hunting ahead of Black Friday: Rakuten is offering 10% cash back or 10x Membership Rewards points at hundreds of stores today. Some of these could stack really well with current Chase Offers and/or travel plans.
- Get 10% back / 10x Membership Rewards points through Rakuten at more than 200 stores (11/22 only)
- If you are new to Rakuten and want to earn Membership Rewards, you’ll want to sign up via this link: www.rakuten.com/american-express. (not an affiliate link)
- If you are new to Rakuten and prefer to earn cash back, you can sign up with our affiliate link with our thanks.
- If you already have a Rakuten account but want to switch your earning style (from cash to Membership Rewards or vice versa), see this post: Rakuten (formerly Ebates): now change from cash back to Membership Rewards points.
- Valid 11/22 only
- See individual store pages for their terms and exclusions
Again, I’m late in posting this as it’ll only be live for a couple more hours, but for those who can take advantage it could be a great deal.
One standout value from a travel perspective is seeing IHG once again at 10x / 10% back. Remember that when using a shopping portal to click through to a hotel website, you still earn hotel rewards. You don’t give up anything by going through a portal — on the contrary, you’re giving up easy savings when you don’t go through the portal. Getting 10x points or 10% back on top of IHG points can be a solid deal.
As noted at the top, some of the offers stack really well with current Chase Offers. For example, there is a Chase Offer for 20% back at Samsung (up to $94 back). Stack that with 10% / 10x from this deal and you might score a great deal on electronics.
BJ’s Wholesale also has a Chase Offer good for $25 back on $150. We wrote earlier today about using that offer to score a discount on Disney gift cards. The terms at Rakuten state that gift cards are excluded from earning cash back / Membership Rewards points, but it’s worth clicking through the portal anyway just in case it tracks since Rakuten is offering 10% / 10x.
If you’re up late shopping tonight, it’s definitely worth checking out Rakuten.