Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.
Via German blog You Have Been Upgraded and Flyertalk’s Premium Fare Deals, there are some amazing prices on first class airfares between Europe and the US on British Airways and American Airlines — starting from $2,162 round trip from Bucharest, Romania to Phoenix, Arizona. Great deals are also available to New York, Chicago, Washington, DC, Honolulu, and West Coast cities. These prices are available on flights that are marketed by American, so I believe they will not qualify for the big Alaska Airlines bonuses on paid premium cabin British Airways fares — but they could be a great way to qualify for elite status with British Airways, potentially getting you access to American Airlines Admirals Clubs.
Some key things to know:
- Many more city combinations are possible than what is shown here. See How to find great business class fares with Google flights and apply those tips to hunt for more options
- You might find slightly better fares with small travel agencies listed at Momondo.com
- While the long haul flights in most of the examples below are operated by British Airways, the flights are marketed by American Airlines, which I believe means you won’t earn the Alaska Airlines bonuses on these if credited to Alaska
- Crediting to British Airways may yield some nice tier point earnings — see the British Airways site for more on that
- Availability varies by city, but is available as late as August and the potentially late in the schedule according to the fare rules
- I have not seen these bookable via the Chase Travel Portal (so no 1.5c bookings via the Chase Sapphire Reserve as far as I can tell)
- No stopovers allowed
These are some fantastic first class fares. Yes, they originate in Europe — but if you have an upcoming trip to Europe planned, it might make sense to nest an award ticket with this sale to take two trips to Europe — it’s certainly not every day that you can fly first class for these prices, especially for peak summer travel dates as some of them are. Click the images and city pairs above to go to Google Flights and play with city pairs.
Last updated on March 31st, 2019