Amazon Cash is a new way to add cash to your Amazon account in-person at a number of stores. Through July 31st, if you add $20 to your account through Amazon cash, you will get a $10 credit automatically applied to your next purchase before August 31, 2017. This deal has been out since last week, but I just stumbled on it and wanted to share it for readers who have missed it.
- Add $20 more to your Amazon account with Amazon Cash (at stores like Gamestop, CVS, KwikTrip, Fred’s Pharmacy, etc) and get a $10 Amazon credit towards your next purchase
- Direct link
- Available once per Amazon account
- Credit only applies to items sold by Amazon — no third-party sellers (not even fulfilled by Amazon — must be sold my Amazon)
- Must load by July 31, 2017
- Credit can’t be used to buy an Amazon gift card
- Returns will only be credited for the amount paid (if you return an item you bought with the credit, you won’t get this $10 back)
- Promotional credit expires on August 31, 2017
This is an easy $10 score at Amazon. At some point between now and July 31st, you’ll be passing by one of these stores. You just need to click “Get Your Barcode” on the promotion page. Show that barcode to the cashier and hand over the cash. I believe you must use cash to load but haven’t yet done this myself. Edit: In the comments, several readers have reported loading via credit card without issue. You can read the Frequently Asked Questions about Amazon cash here. As noted in the terms above, the promotional credit will only apply to items sold by Amazon. This means that you’ll have to check for who the item is sold by. If it says “Ships and sold by Amazon.com”, the credit will work. If it’s a third-party seller (including if it says “Sold by ____ and Fulfilled by Amazon”, it will not work according to the terms. Still, Amazon stocks a wide range of things that I would be happy to buy for ten bucks less.